Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

23 July 2008

a brief musical interlude...

Here's a little song I wrote years ago, after I was kicked in the nads by the donkey of love, when my first love broke my heart one hot, steamy night in Dothan, AL,
A little country number I call:

She Went Through My Heart Like Godzilla Went Through Tokyo


Well she came upon the scene, like some monster from the screen
Like a giant lizard 40 stories tall
And she left me devastated, like no girl I'd ever dated
And now there's nothin' left of me at all

Cause she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
All she did was damage and destroy
Yeah she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
That's why I'm just a sad and lonely boy

There was no way I could stop her, lord that monster was a whopper
And all my weapons just had no effect
She broke through all my defenses, and she overwhelmed my senses
My soul is gone, my psyche has been wrecked

Cause she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
All she left was rubble and debris
Yeah she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
And now there's very little left of me

Yeah she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
Trailing death, destruction, and decay
Oh she went through my heart like Godzilla went through Tokyo
That's why I'm in the shape I'm in today.

No comments: