Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

11 June 2009

Performance Anxiety?

I've noticed a few people have signed up to follow this blog. So far I've got four, five really, since Mike & Julie are two people (I'm pretty sure of this).
I'm pleased and flattered to have you all along. I'll take quality over quantity any time! And what a great mix! Paranormal Investigators, practicing witches, just my kind of people!
But now I'm faced with a problem. Now that some great folks are following my posts, I feel obligated to make it worth their time. I feel pressured to be funny, entertaining, informative, deep, and I worry that I may accidentally offend somebody and lose one of you, and then I'll take it personally as though I've suddenly been deemed not worth knowing and I'll get all depressed and stressed out and shoot myself. I'm prone to sudden mood swings like that, I know suicide and survivalism seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, but life's more complicated than that. One of my basic tenets is: "I don't mind dying, but I'm damned if I let anything kill me."
I guess I'll just keep plugging along and let the chips fall where they may. The winds of Fate have blown us here for better or worse.
(according to my email spam, there's a little blue pill that can improve my performance, but this isn't that kind of blog!)

4 comments:

Mike-Julie said...

This is Julie of Mike-Julie's blog "Above the Norm". Since we are also Gummer fans and like your unique blog, no pressure here. Keep blogging whatever and we'll keep reading and commenting. Hope you check out our blog. Mike and I write about anything paranormal, whatever interests us.

Gummerfan said...

Thanks! Some of the pressure's off now anyway! Interesting blog you guys have, very informative!

Autumnforest said...

Yeah, I like your attitude and your spunk. Just talk about anything you want. It's great to hear other people's lives and viewpoints and even the conversations in their heads and the mundane parts of daily life. It makes us all human and real. Keep it real!

Gummerfan said...

Thanks Autumn! For better or worse, I gotta be me.
(still might give those little blue pills a try, in the name of research, of course!)