Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

08 June 2009

That Darned "S"-word!

Okay, so I'm working on some theories regarding sex and the paranormal. It's an area that I think merits research, discussion, and the devlopment of new theories.
But it presents a unique set of problems (like how do I discuss it without coming off as some kind of perv?)
One of the hurdles is the word "sex" itself. It's so "loaded", with so many connotations and so much baggage attached to it that I may dismiss using it altogether. So I'm trying to come up with a phrase that better suits my thoughts on it as it pertains to my subject.
How about "body sharing"? "Ecstatic exchange"? "Mutual energy release"?
Suggestions welcomed...

4 comments:

Sy Calaelen said...

Sex or intercourse! Hehe! x

Gummerfan said...

Uhh...can I say "yes" to both? ;)
Welcome aboard, Sy! Check out the link in my "Mojo" post, I'll bet you'll find it interesting!

Autumnforest said...

"procreating?" "corporeal release?" "personal gratification?" There's a lot of euphemisms for it out there. The S-word just seems to get them curious but "pleasure gratification" might be the easiest on all people's ears.

Gummerfan said...

Interesting thoughts, thanks!
There are just so many aspects to explore, everything from "Lover's Lane monster" stories, to sexually-charged (literal or metaphorical) alien and faery abductions, incubi/succubi, sexual energy, is the Cosmic Joker also a blackmailer...