Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

01 July 2009

Googling Myself

Since I use the same username most of the time, every now and then I'll Google it just to see what comes up. Of course, I don't do this too often since I'm pretty sure too much self-googling can make you go blind.
Recently I tried it and found a couple of interesting results. In addition to the usual profiles and posts on the various sites and forums I frequent, and blog posts and comments, I found this twitter profile for another "Gummerfan". Wonder if we're related? But the coolest hit has to be this one! Apparently somebody liked one of my old "sig lines" so much, I'm now quoted on a Bulgarian Airsoft forum! Oh well, at least he gave me credit for the line!

3 comments:

Autumnforest said...

That's hilarious! I don't even wanna know what googling myself will find. I'd probably be quoted by some Evangelist hoping to use me as proof that the devil exists. Well, it's always good to know you leave a "happy trail." on the Internet.

Mike-Julie said...

I googled myself and found out that I am a doctor, writer and stripper. Interesting, if I am doing all that, then why don't I have any money?
Julie

Gummerfan said...

Autumn, even though you're one of the most positive souls I've encountered on the web or in real life, I suppose you do have a point. As a paranormalist, an erotic author (in more than one sense!), a Wiccan, and a female (let alone a redhead!) I doubt you'd go over with that particular crowd!
Julie, you've gotta admit that's one impressive resume' there! Intelligent (doctor), creative (writer), and a great humanitarian (stripper)as well!