Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

25 July 2009

Synchronicity, Coincidence, or Conspiracy?

Three of my close female friends on the FVZA Forums, plus another female who is no longer on there but sort of started a running subplot involving one of the other two. In the same vein, I should add the mother of one of said FVZA friends, with whom I "flirted" once on a different forum.

A couple of my Myspace friends.

A wonderful female friend who prefers to remain anonymous, but who contacted me regarding my Succubus problem, and with whose help and advice I was able to strengthen my defenses and ward it off, hopefully for good.

My good cyber-friend and fellow Blogger, Autumnforest, with whom I've had the pleasure of exchanging ideas, theories, and some good-natured ribbing.

One of the cashiers at the local store who always has something to say that lifts my spirits and brightens my day.

My first love, who broke my heart as only a first love can.

What do all of these ladies have in common? They're all redheads. Now, without going into a detailed account of how these ladies came to cross my path, I'll just say that I don't deliberately seek out redheads. In the majority of cases, I didn't even know they were redheads until later on.
So, what's the deal? Is there some inherent trait or characteristic that redheads have that somehow draws me to their personality? Is it just a coincidence that redheaded females happen to possess qualities that I admire or to which I'm drawn?
Or, is there some global cabal of redheads who have some sort of intent regarding my life, and I'm just a helpless pawn?
Fans of "Superman" will note the continuing occurence of the letters "LL" in Supe's life. Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemoris, Lex Luthor, I even read a story in which Superman was saved from having to reveal his secret identity when the letters "LL" from the "Daily Planet" building fell on two bad guys and ended the threat.
Is this some sort of synchronious pattern in my life? Or is it just that redheads are awesome? :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some would say because redheads are, in fact, monsters! Look into the Ginger Gene. Redheads tend to be more sensitive to pain, and to drink the blood of the living.