Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

09 August 2009

Back From A Weekend Away...

Went outta town this weekend for a little R&R. This was my state's "tax-free" weekend, so I did a little shopping (got a new pair of Magnum boots I've been wanting) and just kicked back and had a little fun. Now, I have to recover from said fun! I awoke this morning from a dream about zombies and discovered that the hotel (and entire downtown area) had lost power. But the elevators still worked, so I didn't have to schlep the luggage downstairs!
But of course, since I'm ever on the job, I DID manage to get a little research done!
(and Nick, if you see this, rest assured that it wasn't your book that put me to sleep!)

4 comments:

Mike-Julie said...

Nice to be able to get away. I haven't had any R&R in some time now.....unemployed for 18 months. You might think being home for that long could be considered R&R, but it is stressful. I think getting out of town, shopping and reading a good book sounds great. By the looks of the nightstand, you did some partying too....yeah!
~~Julie~~

Autumnforest said...

Equal opportunity drinker, huh? My friends and I talked about that the other day--what to drink on vacation. They all liked tequila. I like champagne--makes my clothes fly off. Wine makes me headachy. Beer makes me sleepy. Rum makes me funny. It's pretty bad when you have to narrow down your poisons, but I want to ensure I have fun and don't end up in a cactus patch again--yikes! At least you got some R&R. Weird thing, I had a zombie dream last night--it was really cool because I was kicking butt and scaring them instead! I woke up feeling quite invincible. Gave me some great ideas for the Halloween party. Hope you're ready to start another week of humdrum. At least you have a little getaway to take your mind off of it. I gotta do that some time. Hopefully this fall!

Gummerfan said...

Yeah, I enjoy margaritas and rum punches. Reminds me of time spent down on the Gulf Coast. Hmm, and Waverunners and Bushwackers as well...maybe that explains the zombies?
All my "Zombie Dreams" are total worst case scenarios. I'm always alone (no friends or family around) in a strange place, don't know the territory, no idea how far from home I am, not a weapon in sight (always have to improvise!). And of course I'm always surrounded by idiots who I have to decide whether or not to try to save.

Autumnforest said...

Oh my gosh--that's crazy! I have repeat dreams all the time about end-of-world and I'm not with anyone I know and I'm with strangers but they're helpless. I'm pointing to people and assigning them tasks and making priorities and they're all scratching their asses. They say your dreams show your internal state, so I guess we should feel good we're so confident in these situations. Are you watching The Colony? Wow--I love that show! I know it's insane, but I think the guys are kinda hot--it's because everyone's thrown back into caveman times, I guess. Most base instincts. Hee hee