Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

16 January 2010

On The Subject Of Discoveries...



Back in the early days of this blog, I posted about my favorite plant, the Amorphophallus titanum, a plant which, based on its description, seems most unlikely to be real. But it is.
My point is, new species of plants are being discovered every day. Some big plants. I'm talking about previously unknown species in the wild, not crossbreeds or manmade hybrids.
To date, we have yet to discover a plant that can see, hear, or smell us coming. A plant that can run and hide from us, or lay low in woods waiting for us to pass.
Animals can do this!

3 comments:

Above the Norm said...

It looks like a plastic statue of a plant. Pretty cool though. I'm hoping for a plant that can do house work. I will definately get me one of those.
~Julie~

Autumnforest said...

That's actually a really sexy flower. I wonder what Georgia O'Keefe would have done with painting that??? Oh, BTW, I referrenced your blog in my lastest post. It's a subject near and dear to your heart.

Gummerfan said...

Kinda makes it easy to remember the name "Amorphophallus", huh?
I saw your Zombie post, pretty good tips!
And thanks for the mention!