Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

26 March 2010

Popcorn, Anyone?

One of the benefits of being a "nobody" in the world of cryptozoology and anomaly research is that I have no vested interest in some of the things the "community" gets in an uproar about. I'm not allied or associated with any group or organization. And while I may have issues with certain groups or individuals, I have better things to do with my life than sit behind my computer and cast virtual stones. And even though I'm not necessarily loyal to anyone, I occasionally voice my opinion if I feel someone is being persecuted or treated unfairly.
But, Here's a new blog written by someone who doesn't share my particular set of values. Seems like someone's got a problem with the UK-centered CFZ (Centre for Fortean Zoology). Again, I myself have a few minor problems with this particular group, HOWEVER, I acknowledge their contributions to the world of cryptozoological research, CFZ member Nick Redfern is one of my favorite crypto-writers, and I find CFZ founder Jon Downes to be, well...a character.
Don't know how this little tiff between HT and the CFZ will turn out, or how long it will last, but I'm enough of a pro rasslin' fan to enjoy a fight between two colorful characters! I'm bettin' before it's over, somebody's going through a table, and maybe Jon's cane will play a decisive role as a "foreign object".
I don't have a dawg in this fight, or a horse in this race, but it could make for some entertainment nonetheless!

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Isn't it fun to be fringe? I have the same thing going in the ghost world. When people tell me they know everything about ghosts or everything about BF's habits in the woods, I have to raise an eyebrow and take one cautious step back.

The Highland Tiger said...

Thank you Gummerfan for highlighting my blog.

It is much appreciated. Hopefully I won't let anyone down and I keep things entertaining.

THT