Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

26 April 2010

Blogsquatcher, I Hardly Knew Ye...

As detailed at Cryptomundo, the blogger known as the "Blogsquatcher" has announced his leaving of the Bigfoot research field. I only started reading his blog last year, due to it being mentioned frequently on Nick Redfern's blog. I always found the Blogsquatcher's posts interesting, intriguing, and frequently enlightening. A lot of his recent posts regarding the possibility of Bigfoot being paranormal, rather than a flesh-n-blood "wood ape" have made my current "fence-sitting" status increasingly uncomfortable. I still haven't made the decision to jump the fence and join the paranormalists or "Mr. Flabby's" of the world (some of you will get that!), but I'm leaning more and more towards the theory that at least some of the Bigfoot encounters do indeed have more of an air of high strangeness than undiscovered primate about them.
I wish the Blogsquatcher all the best. Whatever his reasons for leaving the field, I respect them.
But, I can't help but harbor the hope that, like Bigfoot himself, the Blogsquatcher may just pop up again when we least expect him. In the meantime, he'll be missed.

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Yeah, I was bummed too, but I kind of got from his latest entries that he was noticing others dropping off in the field. I'm not sure today's BF hunters have the stamina of the original ones who are now elderly and passed on. It's harder to justify the expense and a lifetime when you may never get anything. It's like a vow of poverty or something. I hope more universities pick it up and some legitimate names so the hunt can begin a new with a wider range of methods.

Above the Norm said...

I will miss him too. I enjoyed reading his posts.