Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

22 May 2010

Blog Awards!




Aww, geez! My friend, follower, fan, and fellow blogger Autumnforest at Ghost Hunting Theories (who is ten times the blogger I am, if followers are any indication!) has presented me with a couple of accolades.
But, since it seems everything has its price, there are some conditions to accepting these honors. For the "Beautiful Blogger" award (beautiful? never thought I'd see that word associated with me!) I have to reveal seven things nobody knows about me. I assume that means nobody who reads my blog. This is a toughie, but I'll give it a go.
1. I've seen the movie "Edward Scissorhands" twice, a few years apart. I teared up both times, and I'll NEVER watch it again.
2. I once set my leg on fire playing around with fire and gasoline. I was three years old.
3. Back when I worked at a convenience store, I tried to stop a gas "drive-off" by grabbing onto the car. I hung on for almost a mile until the guy slammed on his brakes and threw me off. (he got caught and went to jail, I got some paid time off from work, plus the store chain owner paid to replace my shredded pants and shoes)
4. (not even halfway done & this is gettin' tough already!) Politically, I'm pretty conservative, yet some of my favorite musical artists are 60's hippie folk singers. (Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Simon & Garfunkel, Janis Joplin, The Mamas & The Papas, I could go on...)
5. One of my life's goals is to learn "99 Luftballoons" in the original German.
6. In my youth I built and test-detonated a few non-registered "destructive devices" (the statutes of limitations have long past now!)
7. (whew!) I went for 8 years without cutting my hair. I could sit on it. When I finally got it cut, the braid was over 36" long. (I donated it to the "Locks of Love" charity, so at least it went to good use!)
Aww, crap! Ijust realized I gotta do another one! Okay...
8. For a time, I went through what I call my "Vigilante Phase". Late one night, I heard over the police scanner that a high speed pursuit was coming my way. I ended it by playing a game of "chicken" with the fleeing car. I drove straight toward him on the wrong side of the road, flashing my "brights" on & off. Put the Fear of Death into the guy, causing him to pull over. I heard over the scanner that the pursuing officers recognized my car, but nothing was ever said about it. (but a few weeks later I had a court date for a window tint violation and was told that the ticket was dropped) :D

For the Life is Good award, here are my answers to the obligatory 8 questions:
1. Chocolate or beer?
Chocolate (surprised? I just never have liked beer. I'm sipping a mango margarita as I write this)
2. Who would you like to see be president?
Hmmm... Sean Hannity (cuz he'd straighten this mess out!) or maybe G. Gordon Liddy (cuz things would certainly be interesting!) or me. (cuz I'm....me!)
3. Fast car or motorcycle?
Fast car (I prefer to have something between me and "the world", see #3 above!)
4. Do you talk baby talk to pets?
Cats/kittens yes, dogs no
5. Country you most want to visit?
Tough one, maybe Australia since it's got so much rugged frontier and dangerous wildlife. I like the thought of going somewhere where a flat tire can mean Certain Death.
6. If you had to live in a big city, which one?
Big city? UGH!! Maybe Las Vegas, either that or anyplace with a nice cemetery, since I doubt I'd last long!
7. What would you want to raise or grow on a farm?
Not much of a farmer, maybe a commercial nursery where I can raise lots of weird tropical plants
8. Have you ever kept a diary?
Hell no! I learned long ago never to leave any kind of paper trail! (just ask my wife whenever she wants receipts!)

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Oh, BG;
That was priceless! You are a gem. I knew you'd be even more unpredictable and complex than I could imagine. I never know where you'll stand on what, but I can be certain you'll do it with a strong-willed independence and total irreverance! I love the imagine of you hanging onto that guy's car. You are quite the character, perfect for monsterhunting. I fear for BF if you find him, but I'll take a wild guess from your answers that you wouldn't talk baby talk to him.

Halloweenman666 said...

Congratulations