Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

20 May 2010

Busy Month So Far!

"It's May! It's May!
The month of great dismay!"
- The Lusty Month Of May- "Camelot"
(Yeah, I like show tunes, wanna make somethin' of it? Didn't think so!)

Okay, maybe "dismay" isn't the right word, but I don't know of a song about May that includes the words "Heavy Weirdness"!
Check out just a few of the stories below...

SLOW: DRUID AT WORK
Here's a story from Austria, where it seems the highway officials are now employing Druids to improve highway safety by draining the negative energy from accident-prone blackspots. Hey, it seems to be working, so more power to 'em! I know of a few country backroads around here that could use the same treatment!

Meanwhile, Up In The Skies...


UFO activity seems to be picking up. In addition to the recent multiple sightings in Australia, there'e news of
a mass sighting in the Ukraine.
And here's just a sampling from the May UFO Traffic Report:

An Oregon group checked with Portland International Airport for local air traffic before concluding that the 10 to 12 lights they were viewing might be UFOs on May 17, 2010, in MUFON Case # 23346.

Witnesses in Hawaii watched a blue light that changed to white in Pearl Harbor on May 16, 2010, and moved in a circular pattern before disappearing behind trees in MUFON Case # 23345.

Two California sisters observed a light above a small mountain that moved to within 200 yards of them. The object was silver and boomerang-shaped with a red and blue "X" on the bottom center of the object on June 15, 1995, in MUFON Case # 23335.

A Kentucky witness is reporting a May 2, 2010, event that may be an alien abduction case in MUFON Case # 23336.

Multiple Minnesota witnesses watched a bright light drifting slowly into the west-northwest horizon that appeared not to be a satellite or other conventional craft on May 18, 2010, in MUFON Case # 23362.

A bright, white circle was seen over Missouri skies on May 18, 2010, that flared up like a flash, then dimmed down as it headed north in MUFON Case # 23361.

Also on May 18, 2010, a Texas witness watched what appeared to be a star - but it was fast moving across the sky from east to west - and it stopped occasionally - and then would continue moving on - in MUFON Case # 23360.

On May 18, 2010, two Florida witnesses watched a light they originally thought was a star - but it moved across the sky and eventually disappeared into a cloud in MUFON Case # 23358.


But my favorite has to be this account of mutliple aerial lights and 32 crop circles in Hidden Valley, CA.
UFOs seem to favor valleys. Why is that? Theories range from exposed mineral outcroppings, to magnetic fields or fault lines. What if it's just a matter of tactics? Valley areas generally have higher radar ceilings due to the surrounding mountains, allowing the UFOs to literally fly under the radar.
And, speaking of tactics, all this stuff is going on while I'm stuck working six days a week, with no chance for a day off, let alone a vacation! Yeah, they know what they're doing!

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Poor BG. Are they trying to work you to death? I know what you mean. My job has a policy that it takes me 3 months to earn one paid day off. If I take a day off without pay, I have to make up those hours during the next week. If I take a whole week off, I have to come home and work the next week double time! If they run out of work for me to do, I have to make that up later in the week, so I'm basically on-call. Yeah, I'm gonna be out of transcription by fall if I work it right. It's so degrading! Hope you still get to do some fun things on the one day off--clean some guns, hit the woods, or just poke around the internet getting into mischief.

Gummerfan said...

We're shorthanded right now. Our other clerk took over another office indefinately. And then the same week she left, our boss broke her ankle in a freak moped accident in Panama City FL, so she's out of commission. The other clerk has been going back and forth between both offices when she can.
There's a gun show this weekend, and I'm hoping to get Saturday off. I told her I'll do anything (anything!) if she can work it out.
It really sucks thinking of your "weekends" in terms of hours instead of days!

Autumnforest said...

I know what you mean. Since I do medical transcription, there is no weekend. I work Saturdays, but I take Wednesday and Sunday off so I can rest my hands for a day (which I'm a bad girl and don't do cause I'm writing a bunch of books and blogging--hee hee). I hope you get to go to the gun show. I know how those things curl your toes. I feel the same way at a psychic fest. haha

Autumnforest said...

BG;
Got some awards for yo uat my blog. :-)