Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

27 May 2010

The Mystery Box...

Today I was at my local Post Office, which is sort of a "babe central". Our little PO is populated almost exclusively by gorgeous females, none of whom want me. (actually, I suppose that's a good thing, because otherwise I'd be forced to make some agonizing decisions!). But, alas, the hot brunette wasn't working the counter, instead the guy was there. (Oh well, that's just my luck!).
I was waiting my turn, and the customer at the counter in front of me was a guy on crutches, accompanied by a young boy with a big box.
The clerk weighed the package and gave the customer the shipping rates (he chose Priority Mail, which sounded like the best deal to me, too). So the clerk, being the consummate professional that he is, applied the postage and was about to take the box off the scale when the customer said, "I'll bet you'll never guess what's in that box." The clerk (who's probably heard that like a million times just said, "No, not really." The customer said, "It's my leg." The clerk replied, "Ooo-kay". The customer explained, "Yeah, it's my prosthetic leg, I have to send it off for some adjustments".
Sometimes you just never know what's in the box!

3 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Jeez, it would have been cheaper to make it walk there... (da-dum-dum)

Jessica Penot said...

I'm thinking I probably don't want to know what's in the box sometimes. People ship some strange things.

Gummerfan said...

Autumn: it couldn't walk there itself... it was prosthetic, bot bionic. :)

Jessica: right you are! Sometimes it's better just not knowing!