Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

16 July 2010

Almost There!

Less than an hour to go and I will have successfully met my goal of going one WHOLE day without bothering my coworker/OC. No calls, no texts. I'm trying to strengthen my self-discipline. Just like an addict or alcoholic, one day at a time. Maybe it'll get easier after today and I can stop feeling like some kind of nuisance at best, or some kind of stalker at worst.
And, just to keep myself occupied and distracted, I got Dr. Bob Curran's new book "Dark Fairies" in today. It's a study of the darker, more menacing/evil side of fayery lore. After my research on the Djinn of Islamic tradition, I figured that fayery folklore is the closest thing Christianity has to a similar tradition. In most Judeo-Christian religions, there's angels and demons, neither of which are endowed with free will. But fays seem to share a lot in common with their Islamic counterparts, the Djinni.
It should be an interesting read and it'll hopefully keep my mind occupied and distracted from pointless self-analysis!

Musical dedication:

"When she went away
The blues walked in and they met me
If she stays away
I guess they're bound to get me
All I do is pray
That the Good Lord above will let me
Walk in the sun once more"- Stormy Weather -

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

BG; You are a man of complete and total contrasts. Superficially distracted by boobs, but reading things with substance. I may never figure you out, but I will keep giving you glimpses on my blog to appease you while you wait around for the boob fairy to arrive...

Gummerfan said...

I'll have you know my distraction with boobs is anything but superficial. It runs deep, deep enough to wound. :) And of course it's what's behind the boobs (or beneath the boobs, depending on one's position) that counts.
Complicated? Maybe. I prefer complex. In fact, I'm riddled with complexes...