Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

14 July 2010

Why You Trippin'??

A story on a paranormal news site led me to this web page about "Legend Tripping". I've already ordered the book. Of course, I realize that a lot of my fellow bloggers are obviously Legend Trippers, like Autumnforest at Ghost Hunting Theories, Mike & Julie at Above The Norm, Haley at Haley Haunted, and (naturally!) Courtney over at Haunt Jaunts. It goes without saying that I've done my share of Legend Tripping myself, it's just that I didn't know that's what it was called. Check out the site and do a Google on "Legend Tripping" for a closer look at this activity. I suppose many of today's Cryptozoologists, Ghost Hunters, UFO Researchers and Paranormal Investigators (not to mention Monster Hunters) began their "careers" with a Legend Trip!

Personal note to You-Know-Who:

Here's a little musical dedication in your honor,

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,
Only darkness every day
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,
And she's always gone too long
Every time she goes away"
(take care!)

3 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Good Lord, BG! You really are in mourning aren't you? Just think, when she's back--there's more of her to admire! I like that term. Hmm... Yes, that might explain my weird affliction to go on crazy jaunts to see weird places and legendary sites...

Gummerfan said...

Nah, not mourning exactly. Just letting her know she's missed.
She said she'd read my blog while she's recovering, so I'm just adding a personal touch.
Plus, "Good morniing, Sunshine" is sort of an inside joke at work. :)

Above the Norm said...

Interesting term, I like it. Since hanging out with Autumnforest, I have wanted to go to more creepy places and visit famous haunted locations. We have also discussed looking for BF while renting a cabin in the woods. Crazy ladies...