Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

24 August 2010

A GRIPping Tale!


You may recall my post regarding my difficulties with Custom Killer Grips. Well, thanks to the power of the internet, I recieved a response from Ray Duldulao. He explained all the difficulties the company was having due to overwhelming demand. I suppose there is such a thing as too much success too soon. His company DOES indeed put out some quality products, so I certainly hope they can overcome their growing pains and continue to bring their offerings to market. Ray offered to make things right with me and offered sincere apologies.
The ying and yang of it is: today I recieved a way cool set of custom rattlesnake skin grips for my beloved Taurus 1911/460 Rowland. The pics just don't do these babies justice! Every Monster Hunter/Action Figure/Hero-type needs a "signature weapon". Conan with his sword, Dirty Harry with his SW29 .44magnum (and later the Automag), Rambo with his M60, so I may well make this my personal carry piece whenever practical. (hey, you STILL have to have the right tool for the job!)




So, I'm happy now! Well, sorta. Now the rest of the pistol looks a bit too plain! I reblued it myself to get rid of the bright "Taurus billboard" on the slide. (yeah, I can give myself a "blue-job"!) But now I'm thinking it really needs a deep, polished blue, maybe some polished stainless accent pieces, then I'll need to find a snakeskin belt/holster combo, maybe a rattlesnake jacket, a pair of pointy-toed snakeskin boots, one of those cool rattlesnake cowboy hats with a snake head on the brim...
(Hmmm...on second thought, sometimes too much is just TOO much!) :)

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Yeah, baby, you don't want to look like Crocodile Dundee. Those grips look awesome and my fingers itch to touch them, even though I hate guns. They definitely sex them up.

gnostalgia said...

Glad it worked out