Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

08 November 2010

ZOZO, ZO What??

This is something I've recently run across. Apparently there's a demon, or malicious spirit, or djinn, or SOME kind of supernatural entity or phenomenon popping up on OUIJA boards. The best research I've found so far is on this blog. But a quick Google search on the name "ZOZO" or "ZOZO ouija" or "ZOZO demon" will yield quite a few results and stories.
The stories all share some commonalities. The ZOZO entity is always powerful, overpowering and taking control of the Ouija from the operators or whatever spirit they are communicating with. The ZOZO "experience" is without fail overwhelmingly negative. I've yet to read an account from any self-styled demonologist or wannabe "devil worshipper" oe what have you that describes the phenomenon as anything other than a negative experience. Cases of physical harm, sickness, and yes, near-death are associated with it.
Here's some links: http://paranormal.about.com/od/ouijaboards/a/zozo-encounter.htm

http://www.trueghosttales.com/paranormal/zozo-the-ouija-demon/

http://freakybrain.blogspot.com/2010/02/zozo-and-carrie.html

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_october07_22.htm

As an apocalypsocist (is that a word?) I'm always looking for signs of The End Of The World As We Know It. Can't help but wonder if this phenomenon is a sign of increasing demonic or supernatural activity. (y'know, kinda like Zuul in Ghostbusters, or the "big Twinkie" theory in GB2!). Is ZOZO one of the Old Ones? A minion of some Cthulu-like big horror waiting to reclaim the Earth? Is it waiting for 2012? Is it one entity with many names, or many entities using the same name? My mind (as usual!) reels.
Whatever you are, ZOZO, I'll be watching you.

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

You always find the most unique and cool things. I'm wondering if this is where zozobra gets its name. It's on my bucket list to go to this September ceremony some year. They burn a huge effigy, kind of like wicker man, but he's call zozobra. http://www.zozobra.com/

Jessica Penot said...

I've never heard of a zozo. Thanks for introducing me!

Gummerfan said...

Not sure about the zozobra connection. I'll have to check that out.
@Jessica, I wouldn't want to introduce you to zoz, from what I've read, it's not something you'd want to meet! :)

Pangs said...

I've heard of this before, having followed a bizarre trail of ouija reading over a span of time.

What always strikes me about any of it is that when the users describe experiences, they almost never question the ID.

"I'm Auny May"
"ZOZO, mofo!"
"I'm a little princess named Juanita"

Whatever it is, they rarely doubt it.

Maybe Zozo is some kind of common demon foreign language term like "buddy".

Nevertheless, it is interesting to see the progression of related tales like this.