Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

11 December 2010

Freaky Piccy Pt 2

Here's a thought that occured to me this morning. In the annals of Cryptozoology and Monster Hunting, ocaasionally a "One-Timer" pops up. A One-Timer is a unique creature that makes an appearance, causes a stir, and never turns up again. Unlike BF, Nessie & her kin, or Chupacabras, One-Timers don't have a trail of recorded sightings in their wake. One such creature was the Dover Demon , seen during a 25-hour period in 1977 in Dover, MA. Two different witesses saw the thing, and their descriptions were practically identical. Check out the drawing...

Remember what ol King Solomon said about "nothing new under the sun"? Dover Demon researchers have pointed out the similarities between the DD and a creature of Cree Indian legend called the mannigishi. Descriptions of these two creatures sound remarkably similar.
So, is the DD exploring the woods of Louisiana? Do the Mannigishi hace Southern cousins? Is El Chupacabra morphing again? Or the trailcam pic just another internet hoax?

3 comments:

Autumnforest said...

That would be wicked cool if it were genuine. I think as a hunter of a different kind, I would still use my deductive reasoning I use on a hunt. First of all, the picture is amazing clear, as if the creature posed for it. I'd want to know the context in which it was filmed. If it was a trap cam, why weren't more shots of it taken? It had to approach and leave, so there should be more shots. If it was taken by someone, then they should be quite traumatized by photographing it up so close. Considering the rarity of a one-shot creature showing up and getting photographed when we can't get legit pics of BF and supposedly he's a long-time resident of the US, I say hoax. But, damn! I really want it to be real! It does match the description of the previous cryptid, but I still think it's just too fine a photo to be real. Doesn't it remind you of the creatures in "The Descent"? Very much so! BTW, my word verification is "Burted"

Gummerfan said...

Well, it's been all over the net today that the pic is indeed a hoax, more viral marketing. LOL!
So, I guess The Hun continues...

Autumnforest said...

I'm planning a hunt myself this May in the White Mountains here in AZ. I figured I better hunt him here while I can cause in a year or two I'm heading east for VA probably. I can hunt him there too and much prefer it. I love the woods in the foothills more than here in AZ--they're all pine here and I think that sucks for food sources and places to hide.