Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

20 March 2011

Blehhhh....

What's a guy to do? For the past month or so, I've been suffering from a major case of the Blaahhs. It's like I've stepped out of harmony with the universe or lost my Mojo or something. I haven't felt like keeping up the blog, I haven't posted many smart-ass comments on Facebook, I haven't been working out or even maintaining my lethal combat/survival skilz...
Maybe Charlie Sheen is somehow siphoning off my positive energy ("Adonis DNA" my ass!), I'm sure he needs it. Last week I came down with some kind of virus thing and spent two fun-filled days and nights with fever, chills, painful joints & muscles and generally feeling like warmed-over crap. I'm all over it now, but the Blahs are still here. I just haven't been my usual psycho/gonzo/happy-go-lucky self lately.
I HAVE been devouring a few fascinating books, reading up on UFO attacks, trying to make sense of the whole abduction thing, and learning some awesome info on one of my favorite topics, the Djinn. (did you know that the militaries of several nations have actively pursued and tried to capture them? Is that the REAL reason the US runs to the Mideast whenever an excuse presents itself?) I learned that during the wave of "chupa" (aggressive UFO) attacks in Brazil, the police and military captured some really amazing photos and video evidence. Said evidence was purchased by "an unnamed US firm". I'll lay you dollars to donuts Robert Bigelow had something to do with that. I learned this from "Confrontations" by Jacques Vallee. Vallee has spent some time on Bigelow's payroll as a consultant, so it's understandable that even if he knows Mr. Bigelow has possession of the evidence, he'snot gonna bite the hand that occassionally feeds him and reveal anything.
On the bright side, the weather's finally warmed up, Spring is in the air, the sun's shining, bears are bearing, bees are being, and thank God the Tiki Bar is open.
Hopefully this too shall pass.

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Yeah. I know that one. It's background issues. If you have stuff hovering around in the background not deal with, repressed anger or frustration, it comes out as "nothing is interesting anymore." You just need to either deal with whatever the background shit is or give yourself a new goal. My goal for you would be to go through your posts, pull out ones where you voiced some theories in the field of cryptids and start to assemble a book "Commonsense in a Nonsensical Field: A New Look at Cryptids." Self publish if you want on ebooks or plug it to the publishers. Get out in the field, get in some cool pics. You just need a focus for your frustrated energy. Once you look at your field with excitement again, it gives you something to go for. I'd give anything to read a BG field guide. Hell, you could do a whole encompassing work about survivalism and cryptid hunting.

Courtney Mroch said...

Hey Gummer! I'm really sorry to hear you've had the blahs so bad, but at least this explains where you've been. I was wondering if you were mad or ignoring me on FB. For a while there you were leaving some hysterical comments and then....all quiet on the Gummer front.

I went through a spell like that a few years ago. In my case it was because I had cancer. (Really hoping that's not the case for you! Doesn't sound like it since you recovered from whatever virus you had. I got sick in September and never got better exactly until I was finally diagnosed in December.)

But I'd had a lot of other things going on too. Lots of family strife. So I know how the blahs can get you.

I hope they pass soon for you. Good to know what's been going on in that head of yours at any rate!

Adsila said...

Hang in there Gummer, there is a light at the end of this blah tunner.

Jessica Penot said...

Sorry you've had the blahs! It sounds like your enjoying the reading, however, and I've always thought that if your reading something good the blahs go away a little bit more quickly.