Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

24 March 2011

Get OUTTA My Head!


Okay, this is creepy! A couple of weeks ago, I posted about Goober and the Ghost Chasers and Scooby Doo. Now, what happens? If you watched GH this week (I didn't, but...) you saw that TAPS done got 'em a dawg! I'm not saying they got the idea from me, of course. Heck, I'm just a lonely voice crying out in the wilderness of the Paranormal world.
But then again...
If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know that I'm a gear & gadget freak. I've posted before about equipment I've run across in the hunting/camping/survival catalogs that might make for a nice bit-o-kit for the Monster Hunter or Paranormal Researcher. Well, lo & behold, Josh Gates and the DT crew have picked up Bass Pro Shops as a sponsor. Of course, BPS is sort of a "yuppie" outdoor shop. It's kinda like Lowe's. People who don't know about Cheaper Than Dirt, Shooter's Guide, Midway, Shotgun News or Charlie's Army/Navy Surplus gladly travel or go online for the priviledge of paying through the nose for overpriced gear from Bass Pro Shops.
But what really got my goat was seeing the DT team utilize an electronic predator caller. I've been thinking about that for a long time. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned it here or anywhere else online because I didn't want someone stealing the idea from me. :( I admit it'll be interesting to see how well it works on cryptozoological predators, or if Josh & company will just find themselves surrounded by droves of pesky coyotes. :D

And on the subject of coincidences:
It's funny how every time I think about giving up the blog, I get a new follower or two. Is the universe stringing me along by providing me with incentive to keep going just a little longer? Or are there people out there awaiting my virtual demise who want to make sure they don't miss it?

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

Jeez, I think Blogger just pooped on my reply!

BG, we love you and we're taking you hostage and you're not allowed to leave the blog world. It's like Tron-you're stuck in here now, gotta keep playing the game. Besides, you're the only one that can go toe to toe with me on theories. I've been posting for years about taking dogs on hunts. When I was growing up, they were our early warning system. Now, be glad the ghost hunting shows are picking your brains for technical stuff because there's not telling what the shows would be like if they messed with the other content.

Gummerfan said...

LOL! You're too kind! I seriously doubt that any of the "playas" in the Paranormal/High Strangeness field pay any attention to lil' ol me! :)
Y'know, at one time I thought about going out on a mysterious note. Build up some suspense by posting about a trip into the deep woods, or a clandestine rendezvous with some shadowy government type, and then just never posting again. Maybe become an internet legend. :D

Adsila said...

You can't leave us Gummer. I am sure that you have many more great ideas for Josh to steal. Looking forward to reading about them.

Autumnforest said...

Seriously, with better weather, I'd love to hear you do some ventures all by yourself and describe these adventures to us. I would never walk the woods alone, but I'm sure you would. I'd love to see pics of tracks and broken branches and some descriptions. It would keep me riveted every minute.