Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

05 April 2011

Sex And Monsters

Today I found this fascinating post by Micah Hanks about two subjects near and dear to my heart. Namely, sex and monsters! (it also talks about portals or vortices, so make that three subjects!).
I've read numerous accounts of monster sightings by people who were engaged in extracurricular amorous activity at the time. From the well-known Mothman and Goatman to the various urban legends about escaped mental patients and hook-handed murderers. I've got a story in my files from Southeast Alabama about a Bigfoot sighting by a man and woman who wish to remain anonymous due to the fact that they're married, but not not to each other if you know what I mean. I've read tales of witnesses to UFO phenomena while likewise "engaged" as well. I wonder if the Intelligence behind some of these encounters has a twisted sense of humor? Or maybe interdimensional blackmail is part of the agenda? Granted, some of the Lover's Lane legends are nothing more than apocryphal tales passed down to keep hormonally charged yutes in line. It's also possible that less than chvalrous males may spread the story instill a little extra incentive to the "put out or get out" ploy.
One things for sure, secluded spots, heavy horniness, and high strangeness seem to hand in hand.
I firmly feel this is worthy of some in-depth research, some major probing, and perhaps a few nights spent exploring the bush.
All in the name of discovery, of course.

2 comments:

Courtney Mroch said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh, this was a GREAT post! VERY different way of looking at it, and oh my what you're willing to do in the name of research. Might be rough but someone's gotta do it! ;)

Autumnforest said...

I'm with you. That's my idea of field research.