Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

06 June 2011

Finding Bigfoot, And Leaving...

Yeah, I somehow managed to sit through last night's episode of "Matthew Moneymake Awesome Show Great Job", aka "Finding Bigfoot". (thanks in advance for the congratulations, lord knows it wasn't easy!)
I know it's early in the series' run, but I just gotta ask, "What's the POINT??!!" I mean, c'mon! Okay I'm willing to cut some slack to the GH, PS, GA (ugh...) crowd, because at least THEY have an "out"! Ghosts, you see, are ethereal, non-corporeal beings. Hauntings and associated phenomena, as well as UFOs and the majority of cryptid sightings are by their very nature, transcient phenomena. If a ghost doesn't want to communicate, if a spirit doesn't wish to "make its presence known", there's not a heck of a lot you can do about it. BUT, since $maker and company can apparently zero in on BF's location, if they can lure him out long enough to pose for a thermal blur, or if, miraculously by their very presence, they can "accidently" run across some "Holy Grail" tracks (from a BF with no left foot?), why do they LEAVE without , well, Finding Bigfoot?? Hell, if I ever ran across that kind of evidence, I like to see somebody try to get me out of there! Are they saving that for the finale or something?
I was also greatly surprised to learn the "fact" that the Swamp Ape's smell comes from its residing in abandoned alligator nests and soaking up methane!! Granted, I may not stay updated on the latest in Squatch news, but I had no idea that not only has it been proven that Swamp Apes exist in the first place, but apparently somebody's done Jane Goodall'ed them enough to study their nesting and grooming habits!
So far, my disappointment in this series is immeasurable. Why didn't $maker (aka "He Who Would Own BF") summon his minions, I mean, contact the local BSRO chapter, and scour the place if they had THAT much evidence the Big Guy was there?? Remeber the Great Jersy Devil Drive on Destination Truth?
Sure would have been a wiser use of his followers than convoying 'em all through the woods in their four-bys. (though I admit that rooftop thermal imager was a cool toy!)
I don't know if I'll watch FB again, maybe if there's one of those weekind marathon things. I already have the distinct impression that I'm not missing anything.

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

I'm sure for the show's purposes they don't follow through with the study. They probably let some local BFRO dudes take over and leave the scene of the crime (or is that crying shame?) It seems to me, if you narrow down an area he might be hanging out, you could get a circle of volunteers that could work their way inward, making it impossible for anything to pass by and get away without them encountering it.

Courtney Mroch said...

You were more generous than I was. I didn't even make it through the 1/2 of that first episode before I deleted it and then changed the DVR settings to no longer record the show. What a waste!

Jessica Penot said...

I couldn't watch this show, but now that you bring up swamp ape I might try. I love the sound of swamp ape.

Bill Burke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.