Is there room in the Para/Crypto/Fortean world for a gun-toting, paranoid, bipolar, opinionated bastard? A lonely romantic in search of his lost soul? A knight, Samurai, gunslinger, born in the wrong century? A self-destructive, doom-driven survivor seeking redemption? A heavy drinking gonzo outlaw cryptozoologist whose ego is exceeded only by his libido?
No, there isn't. That's why I'm here...

11 June 2011

A Funny Thing Happened On The Path To Enlightenment...

Lately I've decided to look into some of my thoughts and theories a little more deeply. I've been pondering the possibilities that such things as monsters, "aliens", UFO's, as well as their folkoric counterparts may well be some form of "mental projection", meaning that the origins of these phenomena is actually inside our consciousness rather than "out there". Fortean researcher Nick Redfern postulates that the "celebrity cryptids" such as Bigfoot, Nessie, El Chupacabra, and others may in fact be "tulpas", or "thoughtforms made manifest". Since in so many cases of strange encounters it seems that the witnesses see what one would expect them to see (the ever-evolving UFO shapes from airships to saucers to triangles) as well as their apparent representations of cultural arechetypes (the dragon, the apeman, the giant flying creature), it does appear the the observers are in effect participants.
So, I started reading up on things like mind over matter, the power of visualization, and looking into theories of parallel universes and quantum physics. I was waiting on an order from Amazon last week, and one day I found myself with some time to kill. I decided to stroll around my local Books-A-Million and see what titles they may have. Some would call it synchronicity, an accident, a coincidence, while others insist there's really no such thing as synchronicities, accisednts, or coincidences. But a book title sort of jumped out me from from the rack. "Infinite Possibilities" by Mike Dooley. I wasn't expecting much, probably one of those "motivational" type things, but I picked it up and flipped through the pages. One italicised phrase appeared over and over again, "thoughts become things".
Okay, so I figured it might be worth a read since that seemed to go along with what I'm researching.
I know this sounds trite or cliche', but folks, that book has changed my life! By utilizing the principals in the book, backed up by what I'm learning from the scientific side (observation affects matter, the mutiple dimensions, the radical findings of the thought/matter/energy connection) I have experienced some incredible results after only a week or so! I find myself full of energy requiring less sleep, my attitude and mood have improved drastically, I've had unexpected money come into my life,(not a life-changing amount, but still...) I managed to get something I wanted at an incredibly low price, (miracle of miracles!) sex is even better, I could go on and on. This whole create your own reality thing appears to work!
I'm still reading and researching into this whole thing, but I've gotta say that I haven't been so into something in a long time!
But the big question is: will y'all still love me if I'm no longer an anger-and-angst filled bitter old curmudgeon? Yeah, of COURSE you will, because I want you to!

2 comments:

Autumnforest said...

We only adore you for your brains, BG, not your grumpy pants demeanor. I took up rational emotive therapy in my 20s and have led a life with logic-based emotions since and it hasn't steered me wrong. We create our own drama by what we tell ourselves that isn't realistic, such as, "people should be nice to me," and "if something is true once, it's always true." Those kind of illogical things we tell ourselves, lead to rage and anger and such. I had a couple of books I led my self help group with and called them our bibles, "The Feeling Better Handbook" and "The New Guide to Rational Living." It actually makes me a great investigator because that's how I tackle a hunt. I agree about projection in some cases, except with multiple witnesses, but I had hypnotherapy once go to into my childhood and I saw a gray alien with a strange head decoration on its forehead as if he were important somehow. I stopped the therapy after that because I realized I couldn't trust anything I get out of it if I could pull up something so preposterous.

Gummerfan said...

Why would you discount mutiple witnesses, or even mass sightings? If a thought manifests itself in material form, it would naturally be seen by others. The more witnesses, the stronger the thought.